Welcome to the twenty-first episode of the Create My Independence Podcast. In the twentieth episode, we discussed the surprisingly short path to building and selling your expertise. If you missed it and want to hear more, head back and listen to that episode.
In today’s episode, we’re talking about the 7 steps to building trust with an audience online. From those of you listeners who I’ve personally talked with, I know that you’re either already building your online platform or considering getting started on it. Something that we will all want to make sure we do is build trust with those who stop by our virtual space. Building trust online isn’t easy when there are millions of scammers and spammers out there online today. We CAN separate ourselves from the rest though by using a system of steps that leverage our genuine self and bring out the best in us. In a nutshell, we just need to focus on what we care about, be authentic, tell personal stories and stick with it for the long haul to build trust with our audience online.
Here’s What I Talk About in This Episode
7 Steps to Building Trust with an Audience Online:
- Focus on a Cause You Believe In and Care About
- Be Authentic and Transparent
- Share Your Personal Story
- Respond to and Interact Personally with Every Person Who Engages with You
- Put Your Best Foot Forward – Invest in Your Platform
- Focus on WIIFT (What’s In It For Them)
- Stick with It for the Long Haul
3 Best Ways to Do This:
- Videos (YouTube)
All in all… content.. You need to create valuable content and put it out there for the world to see.
How To Do This:
- Get Yourself a Web Hosting Account (A plot of land on the internet) – www.createmyindependence.com/bluehost
- Install WordPress (easy to do once you have a Bluehost account)
- Install the free PowerPress Plugin and get a Libsyn media hosting account for your MP3 files (if you’re creating a podcast)
- HD Video Camera (a smart phone will work) + YouTube
Bottom line: You can get started for under $200 up front. Why wait? This is going to take a while, so start now!
- Wade from Destination Financial Wisdom – www.destinationfinancialwisdom.com
- Early Retirement Guy – www.earlyretirementguy.com
Please help me support them by heading over to their sites, checking them out and giving them some encouragement.
Not a Subscriber of the Podcast? Head Over to iTunes and Subscribe
Head over to iTunes (at this link) and subscribe up! The more subscriptions for merrier for this podcast, as it will help it get featured as New & Noteworthy in iTunes, so please subscribe.
Also, Please Consider Leaving an iTunes Review to Help Us Out
Please give the show an honest review, not here on the blog (although you can if you want), or by email, but rather right there on iTunes by doing the following:
- Click over to iTunes
- Click the “Ratings and Reviews” tab
- Give it a start rating by clicking on 1-5 stars
- Click “Write a Review” and tell everyone your thoughts
Thanks so much!
I look forward to coming along with you on your walk, run, bike ride and/or drive to work this week!