Branding is a way of defining your business to your target audience. In other words, it is the way in which your customers perceive you and is not just a logo or slogan. A brand is not just about the logo, it is the public personification of your company, conveying everything you are and believe. So, why exactly do we need it? Well, Good branding increases the value of a company and makes it easier to acquire new customers and promotes recognition for your business. It creates referrals and hence helps to spread the word for your business if your brand is consistent, it’s easier to recognize and hence people feel more comfortable purchasing from you. You brand will help you stand out from the crowd. So, to the ease the way for you, we bring you tips on how to successfully implement branding for your business:
1) Define your Brand: The first step to branding your small business is to make people understand who you are. It is important to clarify your company’s purpose and connect with your customer base differentiating yourself from your competition.
2) Know your audience: With such a differentiated consumer marketplace, it is important to narrow down your customers to a small proportion. You need to know your target audience, people most likely to purchase your product or service; their likes, dislikes and needs in order to best grab their attention. Once you’ve figured out your target market, you’ll be in a much better position to decide what your brand should look like.
3) Tone of Voice: Distinguishing you from your competitors, a tone of voice helps in building trust. It’s basically how you communicate your marketing content reflecting your genuine values. When customers identify a tone of voice, they’re also identifying a personality. Being consistent, leads to a sense of familiarity in customers and hence helps in building trust and feel at ease.
4) Personalize: The first thing you customers look at is your visual identity. To get the perfect impression, you need to personalize your company’s website, products and logo. Your company’s logo is the starting point of your visuals. It’s just a simple way to hold the attention of potential customers who otherwise would ignore your offers making your brand easily recognizable and incredibly memorable. Allowing customers to alter the product’s physical attributes helps you collect customer information which can be used to launch future products.
5) Giveaway: Free giveaways related to what you do help you boost your sales. It helps you gain an edge over the completion. Spending huge amounts of money on free giveaways might sound silly, but it actually earns you brand recognition which helps increase revenues for your company.
The silver lining is, be yourself and be consistent.