Have you ever found yourself acting differently from what your conscience is saying, especially with friends? Have you ever agreed with what the crowd says or does, without giving it a second thought, when you know deep down inside, that it’s not right? Have you ever tried to change the way you dress, act or talk, just so that others accept you?
(1) Well, try telling yourself this: In this world of technology and invention, everyone is simply trying to fit in. But, the only rule to survive is to be different, unique. From the product you launch in the market to how you answer to the question ‘Why should we hire you?’, all you’ve got to do is be yourself. Because each person is different, and that’s where you make your mark. You are a unique and beautiful human being. You are an original piece.
(2) Surround yourself with people who constantly push you to do better, instead of people who fill your aura with negativity. You need who tell you if there is something wrong with you, but not people who support all your wrong-doings just for the sake of it. Get the right kind of motivation, not the fake one.
(3) If you feel something is not right, be blunt and say it. It is important to uphold your morals and ethics at all points of personal and professional crisis.
(4) Believe in yourself. You don’t need to change just to impress others. But you can always try to change something you don’t like about yourself. You don’t have to be a certain way to impress your boss, your actions are what will impress him/her.
(5) Always do what you feel is right. Your conscience is a good friend, listen to it more often. Don’t give in to peer pressure. Never do anything that you don’t feel nice about. What your conscience doesn’t allow is against your principle. Also, never bully anyone into doing what you want.
(6) You are you, therefore enjoy being your real self. Don’t be ashamed of how you look or from where you come. Own up to your past, and then only will you be able to conquer the future.
(7) If you realize that everyone is an individual with his own unique part to play, then the power of tolerance is easy to develop.
Be yourself, be natural. It is far easier than pretending to be someone else. Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken.