If you are hesitant about hiring interns to your firm, think again. Internships are never offered just for the benefit of fresh graduate students. There is a lot for any firm to gain from by offering valuable internships to students. It will improve the general reputation of the firm if you can offer internships that are meaningful to both parties. If they have had a great experience interning with your firm, they are sure to spread the word about it to classmates and relatives, at the least. Every intern will definitely get an opportunity to experience work and be a real employee for a while. But there is even more than the interns themselves for your firm to gain from recruiting interns:
- The students of the younger generation are more used to using technology for getting everything done. They can smartly use latest gadgets and they know how to make use of the vast resources that internet offers. At least, they can do this better than their previous generation, which must include most of your employees and even you. This will get more work done in less amount of time than usual. They can easily handle all social medias, applications and they can even learn faster about the new ones. The Generation Y kids are also good with the latest of gadgets like iPads. They will also have extra skills in social media marketing and promotions since they already know how to use these platforms very well.
- Being young, intern can bring in fresh ideas and concepts to your company. They are inexperienced and so far unfamiliar of the beaten ways. This ignorance part halos them to come up with whole new ideas for your firm’s development. The change can be a great thing to your company.
- If the intern seems very good at the job, he or she could be hired into the company as a new employee. This saves you al lot of hassle. You can skip the ads inviting applications and further interviews. Since you have witnessed their work for the past month(s), you will need no further confirmation of their ability to do the job well.
- Interns are only stepping into the world of employments. As a result, they still have the spark left in the to accomplish great things in life. Such enthusiastic people could handle the work that have been pending in your firm because your employees may not be interested in them as much. Their eagerness to prove themselves will mean that the interns will go to whatever ends they have to just to get their job done well.
- The final and the best part is that the interns do not have to be paid the same as your regular employees. You can get the work done by simply providing them an opportunity and a fixed monthly stipend. Often, the interns only care about the quality of work they get to do more than the stipend they receive.